EAGLES WINGS DISC GOLF AND KIDS DISC GOLF
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH NATE DOSS
This program is about celebrating the youth who are striving to make a difference in their local disc golf communities. We want to promote what they are doing, give them a platform to share the sport they love and encourage them to grow as athletes and members of their local community.
The Junior Grant is back for 2019!
We are excited to announce that we will be teaming up with Kids Disc Golf indefinitely to present the Junior Grant. In addition, we are proud to once again be joined by Nate and Val Doss as original grant providers, visionaries, and major supporters! We are looking to find 6 inspiring youth who are making a difference in their disc golf community. Over the past two years, we have met 10 incredible kids who are working hard to make a difference in the sport, and we are excited to add 6 more winners this year. We are thankful for a great group of sponsors that have joined us to make the 2019 grant better than ever!
About The Junior Grant
The concept was born in 2016 when Nate and Val offered their own grant to one lucky junior disc golfer. In 2017, Eagles Wings Disc Golf talked with Nate and decided to offer a grant for 4 winners with the help of a number of great sponsors. In 2018, the same grant was offered to 6 winners with even more sponsors.
Driven by a desire to see youth disc golf grow, Eagles Wings Disc Golf, Kids Disc Golf, and Nate Doss are working together to bring back the grant for 2019. By working together going forward, we believe we will be able to strengthen the program and continue to help even more junior disc golfers in the future.
Each Recipient Will Receive:
- Entry to the 2019 PDGA Junior World Championships or United States Junior Disc Golf Championships
- A minimum of $100 for travel expenses
- Grant winners dinner in Emporia at the World Championships
- (1) Pair of Keen Shoes
- (1) Tour Series Disc from Nate Doss
- (1) Tour Series Disc from Valarie Jenkins
- (3) Custom Junior Grant DyeMax Discs from Dynamic Discs. These discs will also be sold with part of the proceeds going to the grant winners for travel expenses.
- (1) Custom Jersey provided by Paragon Disc Golf
- (1) Free year membership to UDisc Pro (First 100 applicants will receive 6 months free)
- (1) Whale Sac and Whalepants Disc compliments of Eric and Tina Oakley
- (1) Kids Disc Golf membership pack
- (1) $50 Gift Card to Disc Baron
- (1) Innova Discs VIP Card (50% off an order up to $200)
- (1) Upper Park Pinch Bag
- (1) Online lesson from Will Schusterick and Disc Golf Instruction
- (1) Autographed Avery Jenkins Disc
- (1) Group video call with Paige Bjerkass
- Must be 18 years old or younger
- Must be eligible to compete in the PDGA Junior World Championships or the United States Junior Championships in 2019. Click HERE for Junior World Championships Criteria.
- Must submit an essay of up to 200 words written by the applicant showing why they deserve the grant
- Must submit a proposal for a project they will complete in 2019 that will serve their local disc golf community
- Must provide a reference of a PDGA member in your local disc golf community
Selections will be made by a panel of judges that will consist of volunteers from various regions and be headed up by one full-time staff member. Family members of an Eagles Wings Disc Golf or Kids Disc Golf staff member are ineligible to receive the grant. Judges will be looking for applicants who are serious about improving their game, but more importantly, serious about serving the disc golf community around them.
PREVIOUS JUNIOR GRANT WINNERS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE IN 2019.
Applications are closed.
January 9 – Grant Application Process Opens
February 15 – Grant Application Process Closes
March 12 – Grant Winners Announced