Accounting and Business Operations Associate, Headquarters
Push The Rock, a global sports ministry based in Emmaus, PA, seeks a talented and energetic part-time professional to assist its headquarters team in core accounting and bookkeeping functions, generate standard reporting from financial and donor management systems, and contribute to general non-profit business operations. This role will require 10 to 20 hours per week. Hybrid/remote working arrangements will be considered.
Key Responsibilities(but are not limited to):
- Accounting & Finance
- Perform routine journal entries for accounts
- Primary interface to outsource accounting and audit firms
- Perform and track special allocations such as division carryover, staff net income allocation
- Lead for Accounts Payable
- Assist with month-end and year-end closings; support annual audit
- Oversee payroll and 401k
- Generate standard monthly and custom financial reporting reports
- Oversee chart of accounts
- Cash Management
- Manage cash accounts
- Interface to our investment firm
- Special Projects
- Lead research for system upgrades and replacement
- Lead research for outsource replacements
- Serve as backup for Donor record management which includes: maintaining donor records; recording donor gifts; building donor management reports and analyzing giving patterns
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures and principles
- Demonstrated skill and experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable processing
- Proficiency in using accounting software (Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to generate financial reports that are accurate and on time.
- Experience with fundraising and donor management software (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT a plus)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills for financial reporting and analysis
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is motivated to serve God in a sports ministry
- A Christian who is committed to PTR’s Vision, Mission and Core Values, and agrees with PTR’s Statement of Faith.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Organized, motivated self-starter; detail-oriented; ability to multi-task
- Collaborative team player
This paid part-time position requires approximately 10 to 20 hours per week. Hybrid/remote working arrangements will be considered.
Pay will be on a part-time hourly rate based on experience level.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter explaining why you are qualified and a good fit for this position to email@example.com.