District Manager – Trenton, NJ
The district manager will lead all programs and operations of Push The Rock’s ministry in the BuxMont District (Bucks and Montgomery County, PA). Key responsibilities include recruiting, managing, developing and discipling staff; leading strategic and annual planning for the district; overseeing, leading and participating in programs, events, and fundraising activities; identifying, establishing and strengthening partnerships with churches, schools and other organizations; and contributing to curriculum development and planning for North America. This leadership role reports into the vice president, North American Operations.
- Responsible for raising 100 percent of required financial support as determined by the standard salary and benefit package provided by Push The Rock.
- Individual will be required to participate in partnership development training and will be assigned a professional support raising coach and Push The Rock accountability partner.
- Recruit, develop, manage and disciple staff, including full-time, part-time, summer and volunteer staff.
- Oversee, lead and participate in district programs/events, including:
- After school programs
- Home school programs
- Summer camps (direct or coach at summer camps as needed)
- Club sports
- Other programming (i.e. Prison Ministry)
- District fundraising activities
- Cultivate and maintain communication and relationships with church partners, local schools and other organizations in the district.
- Partner with local churches in the district to run cooperative ministry programs (i.e. home school programs, leagues, tournaments, clinics, etc.).
- Accountable for developing a long term ministry plan for district. Contribute to long term strategic plan for North America.
- Oversee development of the annual district budget and manage actual spending within budget constraints.
- Complete a program evaluation and conduct a lessons learned session at the completion of each program or ministry initiative.
- Collaborate with other district managers and North American staff to develop curriculum and schedules for after school programs, home school PE programs, and summer camps. Contribute to social media promotion, and marketing material development.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate across districts and across Push The Rock ministries (Eagles Wings; International Operations).
- Meet regularly with direct supervisor to evaluate programs and staff, discuss areas of growth/expansion, and identify opportunities for improvement in the district.
- Complete bi-weekly district staff reports and board of directors’ updates.
- Serve as the relationship owner with select partnering colleges/ universities.
- Take on additional responsibilities recommended by supervisor to advance Push The Rock ministries.
- Establish, maintain and keep in regular contact with supervisor. Regular contact would include in person 1:1’s, phone calls/Zoom updates, email, and annual evaluations. Individual supervisor serves as a prayer partner who is available to counsel, advise and provide guidance on issues related to Push The Rock ministries.
- In partnership with supervisor, create an annual individual development plan to grow professionally and personally.
- Establish meaningful and caring relationships with individual team members and help create a dynamic team environment, through regular, authentic and meaningful connections and prayer.
- Hold self and staff accountable for personal support raising and partner development.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and with consistent evidence of fruit in his/ her personal life.
- Involved in an evangelical church and is supportive of Christian ministry.
- A Christian who is committed to Push The Rock’s Vision, Mission and Core Values.
- A Christian who agrees with Push The Rock’s Statement of Faith.
- Motivated to serve God in a sports related ministry.
- Resourceful and imaginative, bringing creativity, enthusiasm and high energy to the role.
- Consistently uses good judgment, demonstrating problem solving and decision making skills.
- Collaborative team player.
- Extensive background in athletics/coaching is preferred. Degree in Sports Management, Youth Ministry, Child Education or similar major is also desirable.
- 3-5 year commitment is preferred.
- Effective communication and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead and direct Push The Rock programs or similar programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to connect with participants, parents, partner organizations and staff.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively balance a strategic, big picture orientation with attention to detail/ability to execute.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills, with ability to manage, disciple and develop team members.
- Sports-minded: Experience playing and/or coaching one or more of the sports associated with Push The Rock ministries.
- Basic knowledge of business finances including cash-flow and project costing.
- Working experience with MS Office products.
Reports to vice president, North American Operations.
Minimum of 40 hours per week. Additional hours are often required to meet specific project deadlines.
In the role of district manager, salary is set based on Push The Rock’s standard salary and benefits package. Overview can be provided on request.