Internships are available in the United States for any length of time—from a few weeks to a full year.
We offer five internships here in the United States. As an intern, you will meet weekly with your Push The Rock mentor / supervisor and we ensure that you meet the requirements set by your educational institution for your internship.
1. Programs Internship
Choose the broadest internship and work in all facets of Push The Rock. You’ll spend parts of your extended time with us in:
- teaching young athletes fundamentals
- managing projects and tasks in our administration team
- raising funds
- coaching games
- registering campers and clinic participants
- helping organize our USA Juniors Club Volleyball program
- preparing financial reports
- marketing our programs
- 1-2 major projects
2. Camp Internships
We host only four students each summer for our most popular, but most competitive, internship. As a camp intern, you will:
- coach various sports at multiple camps
- plan drills and schedules
- coordinate behind the scenes work on site
- 1-2 large office projects
Camp interns are a key part to Push The Rock’s ministry and we aim to provide a mutually beneficial experience, as well as an opportunity for both personal and professional growth. We organize a summer of staff events, as well as Bible studies of which we expect you to be a part.
- early consideration – January 15
- final deadline – February 15
- applicants notified – March 1
3. Administrative Internship
The front office of most organizations provides some of the most exhilarating work in sports. Our administrative interns touch every aspect of our ministry and are essential to our largest tasks in marketing, finances and fundraising.
Administrative interns have been critical to our:
- golf tournaments
- annual fundraising banquets
- preparation for internal financial audits
- development of employee and short-term missions handbooks
- analysis and interpretation of sports metrics
Our learning experience for Administrative interns is our broadest and is ideal exposure to sports administration.
4. Missions Headquarters Internship
If you have a passion for missions, consider this internship based in our headquarters in Emmaus, PA. You’ll go deep behind-the-scenes:
- sending out our short-term missionaries, interns and teams
- helping develop the curriculum for trips
- assisting in training our teams before they depart
- communicating with our missionaries and teams overseas while they travel and minister
If time allows, we also invite you to travel with one of our short-term teams to gain invaluable field experience—and spiritual growth—from the trip. You would be an active member of the team and have a role in the leadership of the trip.
5. Gap Year Internships
Each year, a few students shift gears and spend a year searching for God’s direction and finding greater understanding of their gifts, talents, abilities, and calling. These students spend a “Gap Year” with us away. Consider a Gap Year Internship if you are:
- serious about pursuing a career in sports ministry, sports administration, and / or sports management
- considering a life in full-time ministry
- unsure of what you should study in college
- wanting to take a year away from school to serve
- interested in being a part of what God is doing around the world through sports ministry
The Gap Year Internship will open your eyes to all of the possibilities of sports and ministry.
Click HERE to read more and apply for a Gap Year experience with Push The Rock.
Connect With Push The Rock
SIGN UP NOW
FOR OUR E-NEWSLETTERS