Costa Rica Gap Year
Where: Costa Rica’s capital, San Jose
Time Frame: Typically, 10-12 months. If you have other needs, we will strive to accommodate other start and end dates as well.
Training: One week of training at our headquarters in Emmaus, PA, prior to departure.
Cost: We work with you and your schedule to provide a framework for the budget for your time in Costa Rica. The cost includes airfare, lodging, food, transportation and insurance, among other important items.
You will be involved in all kinds of activities, including, but not limited to:
- planning for the weekly programming and any special events
- office administration duties (i.e. typing, filing, and answering the phone)
- writing spiritual and sports curriculum for the various programs
- meeting weekly with the Push The Rock Costa Rica staff
- recruiting and training volunteers
- managing sports clinics
- leading Bible study in multiple prisons throughout the week
- coaching gym class and leading Bible study in schools and orphanages
- traveling to northern Costa Rica (Los Chiles) to help grow our ministry on the border with Nicaragua
- hosting the short-term teams that come to Costa Rica
Your lifestyle will include living with a local family, becoming deeply involved in a local church, practicing (and learning more) Spanish, and discovering the country and her people. You will even have a few opportunities to take a canopy tour, hang out on the beach, or hike the Arenal volcano, among other activities.
To read more about what the Lord is doing in Costa Rica, click HERE.
Connect With Push The Rock
SIGN UP NOW
FOR OUR E-NEWSLETTERS