Zambia Gap Year
Where: A rural town named Macha, home to one of the leading malaria research institutes in the world.
Time Frame: Typically, 10-12 months. If you have other needs, we will strive to accommodate other start and end dates as well.
Training: One week of training at our headquarters in Emmaus, PA, prior to departure.
Cost: We work with you and your schedule to develop a framework for the budget. The cost of your internship includes, but is not limited to: airfare, food, lodging, transportation, and insurance.
Gap Year activities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- planning for the weekly programming and any special events
- administrative functions (i.e. typing, filing, and answering the phone)
- serving at the community center where hordes of kids come every day for soccer, volleyball, ping pong, help with their homework, board games, etc.)
- writing spiritual and sports curriculum for the various programs
- meeting weekly with the Push The Rock Zambia staff
- recruiting and training volunteers
- coaching in the soccer club
- coaching and / or playing with the local basketball and/or soccer teams
- traveling to Livingstone and Zambia’s capital Lusaka
- hosting the short-term teams that come to Zambia
Your lifestyle will include living with a local family, becoming deeply involved in a local church, experiencing a different country and people. And you’ll even have a few opportunities to visit one of the seven wonders of the world—Victoria Falls. Plus, you might get to see the wildlife of Zambia and Botswana up close.
To read more about what the Lord is doing in Zambia, click HERE.
Connect With Push The Rock
SIGN UP NOW
FOR OUR E-NEWSLETTERS