Italy update … 7.13.15
What a great finish to a great week in Mestre! Everyone woke up Saturday morning still excited about the Friday night ceremony with parents. It was great to celebrate the week together and give out awards and spend extra down time with the kids, just chatting and enjoying the night together over pizza. We headed into Venice Saturday morning and spent a good part of the day walking around, enjoying he sights and sounds, and shopping. Venice is just such a beautiful and unique place!
We headed home in the early evening in order to make it home for a farewell dinner at a family’s house out in the country. It was a fantastic meal with way way way too much food! Everyone from Il Faro (church) was there, as well as the “Aiuto Coaches” (assistant coaches from the week), and others who were involved and instrumental in making the week happen. There were sausages and hot dogs, pastas, salads, vegetables, appetizers, desserts, etc. It was a special night of celebrating the week together. The hard part was saying good-bye at the end of the night. We were headed out early Sunday morning, meaning that we would not see many of these people until next year, or longer.
There were many highlights from the week, but let me name a few:
* We invested in and loved on 77 campers each day in Christ’s name for 5 days
* Partnership with the Il Faro church in sharing Christ’s love in Mestre
* We invested in and mentored 9 junior coaches throughout the week
* Two helpers publicly stated that they wanted to start a Bible study with someone from the church
* Many parents begged us to run at least two weeks of camp next summer
* There were countless spiritual conversations that took place throughout the week
We are excited to see what God is going to do in Mestre. It is our prayer that we were faithful in serving Him this past week and now pray for the Holy Spirit to work in hearts and for Il Faro as it follows up with these coaches, campers, and families. To God be ALL of the glory!
Connect With Push The Rock
SIGN UP NOW
FOR OUR E-NEWSLETTERS