Sports Ministry Associate
Sports Ministry Associate – Harrisburg, PA
The Sports Ministry Associate be involved in all aspects of programs and operations of Push The Rock’s ministry in the Harrisburg, PA District. Responsibilities include organizing, implementing and leading District programs, events and fundraising activities; building connections with program participants, churches, schools and other organizations; assisting in developing long-term and annual district plans; contributing to curriculum and program development; and discipling summer staff and interns. This role reports into the District Manager, Harrisburg.
- Responsible for raising 100% of required financial support as determined by the standard salary and benefit package provided by Push The Rock.
- Individual will be required to participate in partnership development training and will be assigned a professional support raising coach and Push The Rock accountability partner.
- Assist in the organization, implementation and leadership of District programs/events, including:
- After School programs
- Home school programs
- Summer Camps (direct or coach at summer camps as needed)
- Club sports
- Other programming (i.e. Prison Ministry)
- District fundraising activities
- Lead efforts to follow up with program attendees; help cultivate and maintain communication and relationships with church partners, local schools and other organizations in the District.
- Work with staff to promote and publicize Push The Rock programs to the community.
- Contribute to development of a long term ministry plan for District. Assist District Manager in preparing the annual budget for ministry areas of responsibility.
- Complete a program evaluation and conduct a lessons learned session at the completion of each program.
- Attend and contribute to regularly scheduled District and North American staff meetings.
- Collaborate with other North American staff members to help develop and implement curriculum and schedules for after school programs, home school PE programs, and summer camps. Contribute to social media promotion, and marketing material development.
- Disciple summer staff and interns.
- Meet regularly with direct supervisor to evaluate programs, discuss areas of growth/expansion, and identify opportunities for program improvements in the District.
- Take on additional responsibilities recommended by supervisor to advance Push The Rock ministries.
- Establish, maintain and keep in regular contact with supervisor. Regular contact would include in person 1:1’s, phone calls/Zoom updates, email, and annual evaluations. Individual supervisor serves as a prayer partner who is available to counsel, advise and provide guidance on issues related to Push The Rock ministries.
- In partnership with supervisor, create an annual individual development plan to grow professionally and personally.
- Establish meaningful and caring relationships with individual team members and help create a dynamic team environment, through regular, authentic and meaningful connections and prayer.
- Hold self accountable for personal support raising and partner development.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and with consistent evidence of fruit in his/ her personal life.
- Involved in an evangelical church and is supportive of Christian ministry.
- A Christian who is committed to Push The Rock’s Vision, Mission and Core Values.
- A Christian who agrees with Push The Rock’s Statement of Faith.
- Motivated to serve God in a sports related ministry.
- Resourceful and imaginative, bringing creativity, enthusiasm and high energy to the role.
- Consistently uses good judgment, demonstrating problem solving and decision making skills.
- Collaborative team player.
- Extensive background in athletics/coaching is preferred. Degree in Sports Management, Youth Ministry, Child Education or similar major is also desirable.
- 2-3 year commitment is preferred.
- Effective communication and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead and direct Push The Rock programs or similar programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to connect with participants, parents, partner organizations and staff.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Attention to detail/ability to execute.
- Sports-minded: Experience playing and/or coaching one or more of the sports associated with Push The Rock ministries.
- Basic knowledge of business finances including cash-flow and project costing.
- Working experience with MS Office products.
Reports to District Manager
Minimum of 40 hours per week. Overtime may be required on occasion to meet specific project deadlines.
Salary is set based on Push The Rock’s standard salary and benefits package. Overview can be provided on request.