Statement Of Faith
“For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.”
1 Timothy 4:8
Push The Rock has One Passion! It’s Jesus Christ! In 1997, we believe that God placed on our hearts a call to win people to our passion, Jesus Christ, through Sport! Sport is a powerful and universal language: every country, every culture and for all people! Each week, millions of people pass the church Sanctuary for the recreation sanctuary. We live in a leisure-oriented, competitive-driven culture. Recreation is important for all aspects of life… from the infant to the Senior Saint!
- The Bible, consisting of the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, in the original manuscripts, is the inerrant and complete Word of God, the final authority in all matters of faith and practice. (2 Tim. 3:16)
- There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of personality. (Matt. 28:18-20)
- Man was originally created in the image of God. He sinned by disobeying God; thus, he was alienated from his Creator. That historic fall brought all mankind under spiritual condemnation. (Gen. 1:26-27, Gen. 3:14)
- Every person is in need of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (John 14:6)
- Jesus Christ lived a sinless life and voluntarily atoned for the sins of men by dying on the cross as their substitute, thus satisfying divine justice and accomplishing salvation for all who trust in Him alone. He rose from the dead in the same body, though glorified, in which He lived and died. He ascended bodily into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God the Father, where He, the only mediator between God and man, continually makes intercession for His own. (Heb. 9:28)
- Salvation of man is wholly a work of God’s free grace and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justified them in His sight. (Eph. 2:8-9)
- Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body, which is composed of all men, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
- God admonishes His people to assemble together regularly for worship, for participation in ordinances, for edification through the Scriptures and for mutual encouragement. (Matt. 16:18)
- Jesus Christ will come again to the earth – personally, visibly and bodily – to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. (Rev. 21:6-7)
- The Great Commission was given to the Church and this task of world evangelism is the mission of the Church today. We believe that the Church of Jesus Christ had its historical beginning at Pentecost; is composed solely of believers; is the Body and Bride of our Lord; is distinct from Israel; and that it will be completed as believers fulfill their duty by making Christ known. (Matt. 28:19-20)
- All human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all of its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Ps. 139)
- God has ordained marriage and defined it as the covenant relationship between a biological man, a biological woman and Himself. God intends sexual intimacy to only occur between a man and a woman joined in marriage. (Matt. 19:4-6; Eph. 5:22-33)
- God immutably creates each person as male or female, reflecting the image and nature of God. A rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the created image of God. (Gen. 1:27; Deut. 22:5)
This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible word of God, speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality and the proper conduct of mankind, and is the sole and final source of what we believe. For purposes of Push The Rock’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy and discipline, our Board of Directors is our final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.